100% Secure Booking
Pay in Great British Pounds
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. Harlem: Guided tour & gospel - Wednesdayat , wed, 22 jan 2020 - wed, 13 jan 2021
From £ 46
2. Sex and the City: Guided tourat Sex and the City: Guided tour, tue, 21 jan 2020 - th, 31 dec 2020
From £ 47
3. Woodbury Common Premium Outletsat Woodbury Common Outlet, mon, 20 jan 2020 - mon, 18 jan 2021
From £ 20
4. Statue of Liberty: Ellis Island by ferry & Hop-On Hop-Offat Statue of Liberty: Ellis Island by ferry & Hop-On Hop-Off, mon, 20 jan 2020 - tue, 31 mar 2020
From £ 82
5. FreeStyle Pass New Yorkat FreeStyle Pass New York, mon, 20 jan 2020 - sun, 5 apr 2020
From £ 99
6. Rockefeller Center Tourat Rockefeller Center, mon, 20 jan 2020 - mon, 18 jan 2021
From £ 23
7. Statue of Liberty: Guided Boat Tour, Ellis Island & Liberty Islandat , mon, 20 jan 2020 - sun, 31 may 2020
From £ 19
8. One World Observatory - Freedom Tower: Skip the lineat One World Observatory, th, 23 jan 2020 - th, 31 dec 2020
From £ 31
9. Helicopter tour - 15 minutes of New York Highlightsat Helicopter tour - 15 minutes of New York Highlights, tue, 21 jan 2020 - th, 31 dec 2020
From £ 183
10. NYC TV & Movie Tourat NYC TV & Movie Tour, tue, 21 jan 2020 - th, 31 dec 2020
From £ 43
Harlem: Guided tour & gospel - Sunday
Attend a Sunday morning service and a gospel concert in the historic Harlem in New York City! It takes place at a local church, where you get to experience moving gospel music. You also take a guided bus tour through Harlem, where you see famous sights such as Columbia University and Apollo Theater.
- Enjoy a gospel concert in a local congregation
- Experience a Sunday morning gospel service
- See famous sights like Columbia University and Apollo Theater
- Take a bus tour through Harlem
- Learn about historic Harlem from your guide
What can I expect?
Join a tour on a Sunday morning for an authentic experience in Harlem! This tour combines a guided bus tour around Harlem with a Sunday worship service at a local church, where you get to experience a gospel concert that'll move you to your core.
Originally, Harlem was a rural Dutch community. Many years ago Harlem transformed into a summer retreat for New York's most prominent families. However, Harlem is most famous for being a mecca for African American writers, jazz musicians and artists at the turn of the century - not to mention it's troubled past during the 1960's and 1970's where Harlem played host to many riots. The present day community in Harlem is brimming with pride and reveling in its new renaissance.
Along the way you will see famous sights and landmarks such as St. John the Divine, Columbia University, City College, Morning Side Heights, the Morris Jumel Mansion, Sylvan Terrace, Strivers Row and Sugar Hill, St. Nicholas Avenue, where Duke Ellington lived and the famed 125th street, Harlem USA, the Cotton Club and the Apollo Theater.
You then join a local congregation for the Sunday worship service and experience the soul stirring power of gospel music. You spend about one hour at the church in the beginning of the service, which is often referred to as song and praise. Choirs are comprised of church members who volunteer their time. Every Sunday has a different meaning and choirs vary accordingly. These are authentic religious ceremonies services not performances for entertainment.
How does it work?
Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive an e-ticket by mail. Please print out your ticket and bring it on your tour. Mobile tickets are also accepted.
- You attend local church services in either Harlem or the Bronx. This in no way affects the content or timing of our tour.
- Since you'll be visiting a church you need to be dressed accordingly. Shorts, tank tops or flip flops are not allowed.
- Due to security reasons suitcases, packages and big bags are not allowed on this tour.
- Cameras and cam recorders are not allowed inside the church.
Infant (0-2): Free of charge*
*Children under age 3 are free if they don't occupy a seat.
What’s not included?
- Food and drinks.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
Fantastic: 4.2 – 37 reviews
"En härlig tur med mycket upplevelser från både stadsdelen Harlem och gospelkören i kyrkan."
Mycket bra upplevelse
"Guiden var jättebra. Kunnig om hela New York , inte bara om Harlem. Bra rundresa i Harlem med intressant besök i kyrkan med Gospel"
Gospeltur i Bronx
"Vår Harlem Gospeltur - Søndag ble uanmeldt flyttet til lutfattige Bronx. Ukjent terreng for vår guide. Stusselige lokaler, og urutinert vertsskap, som plasserte oss aller bakerst og godt til siden. Gudstjenesten begynte bra med fengende musikk og sang, men dabbet så av med endeløse klagesanger og salvesesfulle prekener. Kollektinnkreving halvveis i gudstjenesten, hvorpå vi ble bedt om å gå. Likevel ok opplevelse."
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 4 hours
- A morning service.
- A gospel concert.
- A live guide.
- Transportation from Midtown to Harlem - and vice versa.
Tours in English: 9:30 A.M.
Tours in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese: 9:00 A.M.
690 8th Ave New York, NY 10036
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.