Go on an excursion from Barcelona to two major towns in northern Catalonia. See Figueres, birthplace of the famous artist Salvador Dali.
We will visit the historic city of Girona, the City of Four Rivers” where the Jewish community flourished in the 12th century. We will see one of Europe’s best-preserved Jewish quarters as we go on a guided walking tour of the city. See the place where Jews exercised a great deal of influence and projected their skills well beyond the city limits.
We will visit Figueres and the Teatre Museu Dali and admire its wonderful façade and several of Dali’s works. We will also have time to admire the new permanent exhibition of the museum, the Dali Joies, which features thirty-seven jewels from the old Owen Cheatham collection and the drawings and paintings made by Dali in designing the jewels.
After Figueres we drive back to Barcelona!
- The Tour is in English and Spanish!
- Duration: 11½ hour.
- Price is incl. Teatre-Mueseu Dali and all transportation.
- Price is excl. Lunch and drinks.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time.
- There will be some walking on this tour, so wear appropriate shoes.
- Children under 8 are free.