Join us for a unforgetable trip to the Bosphoris Strait and experience the old Istanbul on this Bosphorus Half Day Cruise.
The tour begins with a drive to the habor during which you will get to see the Golden Horn, the arm of the Bosphorus, the strait which divides the European and the Asian part of Turkey.
We will also drive past the Byzantine Jews, Italian traders and other non-muslim minorities' residential areas and along the Byzantine City Walls, the strongest fortification of the middle age, and much much more.
On the morning cruise you also get to experience all the different interesting smells and aromas in the Spice Bazaar (also known as the Egyptian Bazaar).
The trip contintues on water. Through the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia, there will be great possibilities to take photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden Ottoman villas lying side by side with modern luxurious apartments.
From the boat, you get a great view of the Rumeli Hisar? Fortress (1452), a historical armament built to control and protect the Bosphorus Strait.
On the afternoon cruise you end your trip with a ride up to Pierre Loti Coffee House with a cable car, from where you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Bosphorus Strait.
Duration: To departures per day: A morning cruise from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM and an afternoon cruise from 2:00 PM-5:30 PM.
The trip includes the following highlights:
- The Spice Bazaar / Pierre Loti Coffee House
- The Rumeli Hisar? Fortress (from the boat)
- The Dolmabahçe Palace (from the boat)
Included in the ticket price: Pick-up from centrally located hotels in Istanbul, a private boat trip and a knowledgeable guide.
- Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive an e-ticket by mail. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you on the tour.
- There is free pick-up to/from centrally located hotels near Taksim Sq., Sultanahmet and Aksaray. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your transfer. If you stay at hotels near the airport or at hotels located at the Asian side of Istanbul, then there might be added a pick-up fee, or you will be asked to show up at a tour-start address in central Istanbul. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your pick-up.
- The tour starts at 9 AM and 2 PM, but since you are being picked up at your hotel, we kindly ask you to call our tour operator approx. 24 hours in advance, in order to get you exact pick-up time to avoid waiting in the hotel's lobby. The phone number will clearly be started on the voucher/e-ticket we send you.
- The tour is in English.
- Children's tickets are available from age 3-7. Children from 0-2 years are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please note: The morning cruise ends at Taksim square. The nearest subway station is Taksim.
- Departure time is subject to change.
- Bosphorus Half Day Cruise can be practiced on a regular boat, if the minimum number of attendants is not provided for the private boat.