Venice VIP Tour
See all of Venice’s top sights in the most exclusive way possible with our Venice VIP Tour, which combines the Doge’s Palace Tour and the Best of Venice Tour including a water taxi ride.
The Doge’s Palace Tours are limited to just a few lucky groups per day, and sell out well in advance, so make sure to book now to assure you have a spot on this special tour!
- 8 hour guided tour around beautiful Venice
- Save by booking this package tour instead of booking the Best of Venice & the Doge’s Palace tours separately
- See areas of the Doge’s Palace not normally open to the general public – like the cell from which Casanova escaped and the palace torture chamber
- See all of the highlights that Venice has to offer e.g. St. Mark’s Basilica & The Doge's Palace
- Guaranteed small tour group of max. 10 on the Best of Venice Tour portion of the tour
See All the Highlights of Beautiful Venice
Our day begins at the Doge’s Palace. The Doge’s Palace features the very best and the very worst of Venice’s history – from vast paintings by Tintoretto and Veronese to the wooden slot where accusations of treason were slipped to the fearsome Secret Police. To wander the corridors of the Duke’s palace is to understand the Republic of Venice, for better or for worse. Our tour of the palace combines a guided visit to the Secret Itineraries with a free visit to Doge’s Chambers, so you get the most complete tour of the Doge’s Palace.
After your guide has left you, you’ll have the opportunity to walk the Bridge of Sighs – so named for the prisoners that walked its length on their way to cells across the canal. As they took their last look at beautiful Venice they couldn’t help but sigh. Your guide will leave you inside the Doge's palace so that you can cross over to the 16th century New Prisons.
After a short break for lunch (not included), it’s on to the Best Venice Tour portion of your visit. In just one afternoon, we will take you to see the highlights of Venice along with some lesser-known gems, using skip the line access to whisk you past long queues so that you make the most of every precious second in Venice.
Our tour starts on the Grand Canal, the city’s main waterway which snakes its way past no less than 50 palaces, six churches, four bridges and two open-air markets. We’ll catch a water for a tour of all these wonderful sights. The on-land section of our tour is a head-spinning journey past Marco Polo’s house, lively Campo San Luca and Campo SS Giovanni Paolo. We’ll see the Goldoni Theatre (from outside), Venice’s lesser known opera house. Of course, we won’t miss the Rialto Bridge, a favorite among many visitors.
Then we’ll head to Venice’s main square – Piazza San Marco, where we'll visit incredible St. Mark’s Basilica. Included in the price of your tour are special tickets for the second-floor terraces at St. Mark’s where you’ll find the most spectacular view over the bustling piazza below. The tour ends here at the St. Mark’s Basilica.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The tour starts next to Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with the view of the Bridge of Sighs, in front of the Doge's Palace. Please be there 15 minutes before the tour starts.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 8 hours.
This there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 6-14. Children between 0-5 years old are free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The Doge’s Palace Tour ends at 10:15 AM in front of the Doge’s Palace. The Best of Venice tour ends around 5 PM at the St. Mark’s Basilica.
- There is a break, from 10:15 AM until 1:45 PM. You have to find your way back to the meeting point at 1:45 PM for the start of the Best of Venice tour.
- Please do not bring large bags, tripods, non-collapsible umbrellas, or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
- The tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Some of the sites we visit lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.